Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day #3

BIG trucks, whistling trains, speeding cars, freeways and road construction started our sunny morning as we headed toward Old Route 66. We have moved into the desert and away from the big cities, but definitely not away from the traffic congestion. The 50 miles a day of biking is proving challenging here. We met a "real" cyclist this morning...his name was Felix, like "Felix the Cat" he quipped smiling toothless. His bike was 35 years old, a high school graduation present. Pointing to his rough tire, he said, "They don't make these kind of tires for it anymore." He gave up driving a car 21 years ago, and this bike is his only means of transportation. He was friendly and advised us to "watch out" as people aren't too biker friendly.

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Hi Helen,
I set us an account...the old wasn't working. I love the vultures. Ride on...
Marilee

Marilee said...

sorry..set up an account

Marilee said...

Dear Mrs. Rose,
I wish I can see you again. I miss you so much. We all want to see you and Diana and me.
Veronica

Marilee said...

Mrs. Rose,
We are going on a trip to the zoo. We are going on the train. My mom is going to the zoo.
Marialy

Marilee said...

I have been reading books and taking tests. I have 88 points.
Miguel L.

I can read fast and can write fast. I can read long books.
German

Hi Mrs. Rose,
I have been reading and reading. I have 502 points and I hope you have a fun trip.
Leslie

Hi Mrs. Rose,
We have been learning so much and we are going to our field trip.
Miguel E.

We have been reading and it is almost time for our field trip.
Dominique

Mrs. Rose,
Are you having fun on your trip? I have been reading.
Santos