Thursday, June 14, 2007

We're in Independence, Missouri!

Our energy level is being ZAPPED by the humidity...the cyclist will have to get an earlier start to beat this heat. The houses here in Independence are lovely...everyone has an old Victorian two story, front porch home. While the guys were cycling in the St Joseph area this a.m. , Cris and I visited the Patee House Museum...it was a hotel and housed the riders for the Pony Express in 1860. We also saw Jesse James home. This area is so full of history.

2 comments:

natsassy2@comcast.net said...

Hi, I know I would love the Victorian houses. My mom was raised on the Hanna Hop Farm in Independence Oregon , and it had a big prorch on three sides. They use to feed the workers lunch on the porch. They also had a very mean yard guard goose, who loved to chase people. I drove Natalie to Martinez CA, to hook up wit the relatives. They left this morning for Washington State and Canada. I am home with my dogs. With a week to myself, I may start a painting. love dah

Daughter #2 said...

Hi Dad!- Happy Father's Day. I love you! Thanks for being a true inspiration to me!
Love,
Your favorite daughter